Our Response to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
To our Valued Guests:
As with the Nation, we are deeply concerned with the coronavirus pandemic. There is no greater priority than protecting our collective health and minimizing the spread of the virus.
At the present time, we remain open and will follow all publicly issued guidelines.
Specifically, we are taking measures posted by the CDC and local health authorities, as well as following all guidelines outlined by our local and state authorities to help protect the health and well-being of our team members and guests:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting our public areas and high-touch surfaces utilizing an EPA-registered cleaning product.
- Arriving guests will check-in outside of the office, allowing for minimal contact with team members. The office area will be open by appointment only, allowing for minimal contact and to promote social distancing.
- Resort-sponsored events and activities will be discontinued through April 30th.
- All amenities, with the exception of bathhouses and laundry facilities, will be closed until further notice. This includes swimming areas and playgrounds.
- Restrooms and laundry facilities will remain available for use at your discretion, however, safe social distancing practices (6 feet) is required. These areas will continue to be cleaned and disinfected during posted hours.
- Keeping our employees fully informed on how to stay healthy “on the job” and at home. No employee is permitted to work if they are not feeling well.
May 19, 2020 Update: Per the Governor’s order, Rio Guadalupe Resort (Rio Raft) will operate river shuttles at 25% passenger capacity until further notice. Shuttle services will be available for guests of Rio Guadalupe Resort on Memorial Day Weekend (May 22-25) and will reopen for the season on May 29.
How does this affect tubing operations?
- Given limited capacity, we are only able to shuttle guests of the Resort until further notice. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hope to resume normal operations as soon as possible.
- Shuttles will be limited to a maximum of 4 guests at a time unless guests are from the same household.
- All Rio Raft tubes and equipment will be sanitized before being loaded onto the shuttle. For safety reasons, we will not offer shuttle services to guests with private equipment (tubes, kayaks, etc.) at this time.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for guests riding the shuttle.
- Shuttles will be sanitized between trips.
- Masks will be available for shuttle guests to use (at their own discretion) for no additional charge.
As an outdoor property where all guests can shelter within their own protected environment, we have the ability to help our fellow citizens get through this crisis in these ways:
- RV travelers stuck away from their home or are in the process of traveling back to their home as well as the legion of full-time RVers.
- Individuals or families who choose to shelter within their RV, the ability to be closer to nature and safe outdoor environments.
- Most importantly, we are here to welcome and support any remote or traveling workers or front-line heroes who are involved in the efforts to stem the crises or support our fellow citizens’ safety and health.
We believe it is challenging times like these that the power of hospitality is needed most of all. We value your trust and will continue to work hard to provide you with a clean and healthy experience.
Phone: (830) 261-3176
Your Team at Rio Guadalupe Resort